Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can anyone find me a summer rental on the Jersey Shore for 21 year olds and under?

I need it for under 1000 dollars. It's going to be me and 5 other responsible young adults, yet we can't go through a realtor since most require you to be 23.Can anyone find me a summer rental on the Jersey Shore for 21 year olds and under?
Probably not gonna happen unless your mom or dad do it for you.





I'm from the Jersey shore. Any landlord who's lived there for more than 6 months (and believe me, most landlords are old time shore residents) have been burned by younger renters who party, trash the place, and then don't pay for it. Younger renters have no savings, or anything to take in a lawsuit so it's not even worth it to go after them.





I know you might be responsible. But me and my friends, who were 20 year local residents couldn't get a place to live (year round or summer) even though my family has been in Cape May since 1650. Too many 21 year olds have come and wrecked things for everyone.





Unless you're rich, no local realtor is going to talk to you. Locals can't even get them to help buy/sell a house; everyone wants to deal with the million dollar clients who come an buy condos.





1000 per month? I haven't seen anything that cheap since the 80's. Most beach rentals (like Wildwood, Seaside Heights, Beach Haven) are about $2500/ month, for a cheap place (like, 2 bedrooms and a pullout, ina little beach house built in the 30's).





If you're heading all the way south, you can try the rooming houses in Wildwood...they are usually a bedroom, and a shared bathroom on each floor. That's where all the Irish and Russian kids who come to work stay, and it's cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment